Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Random Pensamientos

Some random thoughts:

I wish there were a word for "random" in Spanish. Apparently we've taken this word so far from its original context that it just doesn't translate.

Also, I think it really bothers me when people or books make phrases more complicated than they need to be. For example, I was reading for my social studies class and the book said something was a more unstructured technique. Wouldn't it just be less structured? Maybe I'm missing it...

So... I've been reading this blog, The Pioneer Woman, and she has this story/book thing that is getting made into an actual book (and movie, I think. It's called Black Heels to Tractor Wheels and it's this fantastic true story of this woman who was getting ready to move from L.A. to Chicago when she falls completely in love with a real life cowboy. All in the course of like 2 months. It's a really fun story.

I went back to M29 and Cru last night. Except for a few weeks at the beginning of the year, I hadn't been in over a year. Which is strange because for so long it was such a huge part of my college life. But now it's just kind of strange because most of the people I know are gone. I'm OLD!! That's weird. M29, which is the leadership part of Cru, felt kind of awkward at first. It was strange being there with so many new people and me being one of the older ones but having not been there in so long. That's probably not really a grammatically correct thought but I'm ok with that. That's just how it was.

I don't know if it's just time away from here in general or Argentina, but I'm definitely different. I don't really know how, I just kind of feel it. It's really kind of funny how much that experience completely changed my life.

But I think overall M29 was really good. I'm going on a leadership retreat this weekend and I'm really excited about it! And actual Cru was fantastic. It was just completely refreshing to be in a room with so many other people just all wholeheartedly worshipping God. And the speaker was my all-time favorite. It was such a wonderful evening and really just gave me renewed my perspective. So good!!!

Also, I'm starting French lessons tomorrow. YAY!!!

1 comment: