So lately we've been enveloped in a rather unbelievable heat wave. Even Fayetteville is seeing temperatures in the triple digits, like 107. At 9:00 the other night it was still 97 degrees. The other day McKinney reached 113 and has seen almost three times as many days over 100 degrees than normal. There's no two ways about it, it's dang hot! But the funny thing is, I kind of like it. Mind you, I'm not doing a whole lot of crazy things outside, like running. Or working. Or playing sports. Or gardening. Or really anything more than occasionally sitting on my porch, going to the pool and walking to and from my car. But that's all I really ever do outside anyway. I don't know if it's because I'm becoming more cold-natured or our classroom is so dang cold we have to bring blankets or if the heat indices are just so high you can't feel the humidity( I do hate humidity!), but I would much rather it be 107 degrees than 27. I really really hate the cold. There's not really a point to this post, this heat wave just got me thinking. I'm glad I live in the South.
It was literally the hottest day Little Rock has ever seen today. I was outside working for like 10 minutes and it was miserable. I'd definitely take 27 degrees right now!!
ReplyDelete