Actually it's Argentina. But that's Shakira for you. So the World cup started last week and let me tell you, Argentina (and maybe the whole world) is going crazy over the mundial. Una locura! I mean, professors cancel class, the elementary and secondary students actually have official days to watch the games in class, and everyone and their mom is walking around wearing celeste y blanco (blue and white). I’m loving it! And after a win, everyone goes down to the obelisco and celebrates. Even in the rain. For the first game, I went to a big watch party at the church where they projected the game on the wall. So fun, even if I did get there after the only goal. And then today I went to a café with all twenty-something girls from my etnología class. The café was packed and looked so funny with every single person facing the TV. And the people laughing as they walked by on the street and looked in the window. And in case you hadn’t heard, we dominated South Korea!!! This game was much more exciting. Vamos, vamos, Argentina! Vamos, vamos, a ganar!!! I think I’m starting to like fútbol. Not that I disliked it before, I just didn’t care. But now I think I could kind of get into it. But it definitely makes me miss fútbol norteamericano. Just much more fun in my opinion. Although maybe not quite as skilled athleticism, but I’m not sure. And maybe the U.S. should just stick with that kind of football, because in their game their only goal was an accident by another player. Sad.
So the end is approaching. I’m already done with 3 of my classes. Normativa was a close call- I failed a trabajo práctico because I used the phrase a sí mismas without the tilde (and Paula had even corrected it for me, I just didn’t see it!). Seriously, not another mistake in the whole paper and it was desaprobado. Sooooo frustrating, and the profe handed them back right before we took our test. Perfect. But in the end, by the grace of God, I did really well on the exam so I think it’s ok. And then I had my history exam on Tuesday and just have to go back and get the grade next week. I’ll turn in my final essay for etnología tomorrow, and then it’s just the 10-15 page monografía and a few little things for mitos y leyendas. Crazy. But I’m seriously having trouble focusing on school lately. Yesterday I spent a ridiculous 9 hours or so writing 6 pages on Los grupos indígenas del área litoraleña de la Argentina. Just so hard to focus and just get it done. But hopefully the monografía will go a bit better.
Most of the ISA people are leaving this Saturday, so tomorrow we’re having a little goodbye luncheon. And then it’s just two more weeks for me. Crazy! But I’m going to aprovechar every last minute! Oh and this weekend I’m going to Mar del Plata!! =)
2016 in books - part one
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment