I can't believe how fast all of my time here has gone by. So so fast, but so wonderful. Really, no lo puedo creer. This week was filled with wonderful friends and goodbye parties. I hate goodbyes, but it's so wonderful to have made so many friends, to miss them and know that you'll be missed as well. On Sunday we tried to go to a feria in Mataderos, but it was cancelled due to bad weather and the Arg. vs. Méx. game. Vamos, vamos, Argentina! After the game we had a goodbye party/sushi night at Flor's house. Surprisingly enough, I loved the sushi! ¡Qué rico! Then monday I spent all day working on the monografía, turned it in a bit late, but igual, ya terminé. I don't know how it went though. Then I went out to dinner with Karina and stayed over at her house again. Haha, these past 3 nights I've been at other people's houses! So much fun. Then on tuesday we had a little intensive month reuinon. Wednesday was my last night out with Luiza and Ann. So sad to leave them. I love those girls! Then on thursday I went to Uruguay with Michelle. We went to this quaint little historic town called Colonia, which was the original portuguese colony a long long time ago. Then to the Moreno's house for a delicious dinner and Eze's birthday. Friday Poli came over to my house and helped me pack! Soooooooo nice! I still can't believe she did that, and that she fit everything in my suitcases! Milagro! I made brownies for the ISA staff and Ana and Dante from the frutería next door. But I had to make them in the neighbors' oven because ours broke. Then off to ISA for a final goodbye. SO sad, but really really good. Then the last trip to starbucks with Hedvig and the goodbye party at the church. Then saturday morning the Argentina game and goodbye to the girls from etnología. ¡Qué tristezas las dos cosas! And goodness, between friday and saturday I don't think I have ever cried that much in my life. It's so hard to leave. But really, I can't believe how completely amazing and wonderful this whole experience has been. I feel so blessed to have met so many wonderful sweet friends and to have had so many incredible adventures! And I will definitely be back.
No comments:
Post a Comment