IT"S A BLIZZARD! Well, the closest thing I've ever seen to one (outside of Dairy Queen of course!). The university closed last night before it even got cold enough to snow. Supposedly before my freshman year, the university hadn't closed for weather in like 20 years. Since I've been here it's probably closed 20 times. Ok, not really, but it has closed at least twice every year! Crazy! But last night made for a really fun bachelor watch party (I know, the bachelor, but what can I say. Everybody has a guilty pleasure). The grocery stores yesterday were completely ransacked. It's like the world is about to end or something. Or a repeat of Ice Storm 2009. Today it hasn't stopped snowing. It's all just swirling around out there. Crazy! Tomorrow we're going to get down to -7 degrees. That's -22 Celsius! AGHHHHH!!! And three days ago it was 70 degrees and sunny. Is this real life? I guess you just have to roll with it and enjoy those snow days!
I'm really thankful not to have to wake up early tomorrow either, but I'm starting to realize that snow days are more fun when you're on campus. On campus, all of your friends are there with you and you can walk everywhere. It's fun having a day at home but there's really only so much you can do when you're far away from everyone and the roads are solid ice. Hmmm. Also, at this rate, I'm never going to finish research for my thesis.
And is anyone else noticing the trend of singers saying their own names at the beginning of songs? Is this a growing trend or have I just mostly missed it. Ex. Jason Derulo, Usher, DJ Khaled, Rihanna, Dev and the Cataracs, Pittbull, and the list goes on. I just think it's random.
Also, I finished reading the Pioneer Woman and guess what! The book is here!

So good!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment