Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Y ¿qué hago con tantos días de nieve?

Things to do on a snow day/week:

Have a Disney movie marathon. So far Chelsea and I have watched Mulan, Mulan 2, The Princess and the Frog and I feel like Cars or the Little Mermaid might be next.

Watch a whole cycle of America's Next Top Model

Train for the game show, Minute to Win It

Bake

Stitch up a favorite pair of old jeans that had a hole in them

Clean

Read. I've lately developed this habit of reading a lot of books at once.
So as of right now I'm reading...

La Casa en Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros -short stories and prose from the point of view of a Mexican American girl living in Chicago


The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley -an endearing mystery investigated by an inquisitive young scientist in 1950


Sushi for Beginners by Marion Keyes -cheesy British chick-lit


El Dios Olvidado (The Forgotten God) by Francis Chan- non-fiction about embracing the power of the Holy Spirit (from the author of Crazy Love)


Captivating- Jon and Stasi Eldrege- also non-fiction, about finding our identities as women of God

Catch up on Português lessons with the help of livemocha.com

Blog (note that most of the 2011 entries have occurred within the past couple of days)

Go sledding (Chelsea and I haven't actually been sledding this year-I don't know if our apartment complex is very hilly, but I have done my fair share of sledding in past years and I feel like it should not be overlooked. This year however, we've pretty much just gone two straight days without so much as undoing the dead bolt on our front door. Sad.)

Homework- Only for when you get reeeeeaaaaalllllllllllllllyyyy desperate

1 comment:

  1. i love this entry - i have been doing many of the same things and some even more boring and obscure. BUT i really wanted to comment on la case en mango street... i just taught the english translation to my sophomores at springdale high school! i love the collection and cisneros' writing style; how cool that you can so easily read it en espanol. i had my kids do some cool activities such as rewriting the "my name" vignette about themselves, and i love seeing that you are reading it. happy blizzard days to come!

    ReplyDelete