Me di cuenta el otro día, que la vida no es tan sueño. I came to the conclusion the other day, that life is not quite a dream. If only for the fact that to be dreaming you have to be sleeping and in my life there is certainly no time for that! Everyone I've ever talked to about the MAT program said that October is the hardest month because it's so busy. But now I'm beginning to wonder, did they somehow managed to skip over the rest of the year? Don't get me wrong, October was definitely crazy, but February seems to be even more daunting. I tried telling myself the other day, that if I could just make it through February, I'd be fine. Because February is the month of action research, parent conferences, curriculum unit design, curriculum unit implementation, and oh yeah, two weeks of solo teaching. So clearly it's kind of a big month, it should ease up after that, right?
Todavía no. See the thing about February is that it is very closely followed by March, the month of action research post-assessments and write-ups, the end of fourth grade and the beginning of kindergarten, developing a professional portfolio and oh yeah, that whole applying for jobs thing. And then if you can make it till the end of March, there's still April, which is dominated by defending action research before a committee and teachers and principals, curriculum unit write-ups, final Pathwise assessments and a trip to the Arkansas Delta. So there's no slowing down there either. I'm starting to realize that from this point on, there's no slowing down, no letting up, no stopping, no sleeping. From here on out it's go go go. This MAT is like a marathon but at sprint speeds. I feel like I'm living 18 different lives right now and going full speed in all of them. Maybe the reason nobody tells you about February is because too many people might quit before even making it this far. By February though, you're in too deep to get out. You just have to keep up and hope for the best, knowing that it is all surely worth it and in a way, you're almost there. Because you see, the best thing about April is that it comes right before May and in May
sí, se puede dormir. May is a breeze because it's just a couple of weeks of finishing strong and then graduation. Hooray! So really, if I can just survive February, March and April, I think I can make it. There is hope for sleep in the future.
Un sueño posible.
No comments:
Post a Comment