Sunday, January 27, 2013

La Vida Comprometida :)

Crazytimes funtimes. Life is crazy right now, but I can definitely say that I've never been happier! I'm teaching all day, traveling on weekends, and planning a wedding to my very best friend! What could be better?

So first of all, planning a wedding is crazy! Before Ethan proposed but when I knew we were probably getting married this summer, I was nervous. I had heard from so many people about long it takes and how there's so much to do that you really need more like a year. Maybe some people do, but I am definitely not one of those people and fortunately my sweet fiance knew that. We got engaged on Thanksgiving and already so much has happened! Fortunately for us, everything is working out very quickly. Some of it is stressful at times, but it's also a lot of fun. With all the major things arranged, I'm looking forward to things like bridal showers, picking up bridesmaid dresses, and deciding what decorations to use for the reception. Funtimes.

It's also crazy thinking about how different my life is now and how different it's about to be. In less than half a year I will be moving my life again, but this time not by myself. This time I'll have a husband to go live with :) Which is one of the happiest things I can imagine. I'm very glad to be home and have this time with my parents this year, but I just cant wait to get to move in to a new house! A house that will be mine as well and we'll both be there together! After so much long distance I am beyond ready for Ethan and I to be in the same place. Funtimes.

Teaching is crazy too. It's hard. Really hard. We've got so much pressure because of standardized tests that this time of year is pretty stressful. It's difficult trying to help my kids grow into critical thinkers who solve problems, treat others with respect, love learning AND succeed on the infamous STAAR test. But despite these immense challenges, my job is exciting, rewarding, and always entertaining!
My kids are loving my engagement almost as much as I am! I get asked on a regular basis how that whole name change thing works and if they can come to the wedding. Now that would be some funtimes!

Weekends are wonderful because they mostly involve Ethan. Most weekends one of us travels to visit the other and let's just say we're racking up the airline miles! I've also been able to go to Oklahoma City to meet up with college friends and even maybe have a trip to Florida coming up! Traveltimes funtimes!

SO this blog post is maybe a little bit boring but that's pretty much a synopsis of my life right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment