Yesterday I helped one of my friends move out of the residency into a homestay. Her homestay is also just with one woman who lives alone, but she’s sooooooo sweet. She told Ana that she wants to meet all her friends, that we can come over whenever we want and hang out or cook or whatever. And she wants Ana to meet her whole family. She’s so cute. And she lives in this beautiful apartment and it has a living room where they can hang out together and watch tv and chat and everything. And she wanted to take her grocery shopping so she could pick out all sorts of stuff that she likes and they can cook together. Also, there’s another girl coming from Spain to study here and live with her. Not going to lie, I’m a little jealous. I really like Miriam but our apartment is really small and doesn’t have a living room. And Miriam works a lot, and when she’s home she just kind hangs out in her room. And she eats in her room alone too. She’s so nice and sweet, but I kind of feel like I live by myself in someone else’s house. I wish I were living in the residency where I could speak Spanish all the time with other students from Argentina, or in a house that felt like a home. But still, my apartment is very nice, and really, I’m in Argentina, so it doesn’t matter. It’s worth whatever. And I know I’m living here for a reason. I don’t know what reason yet, but I don’t think I would have had that feeling/intuition about Miriam in the beginning if I wasn’t here in this place for a reason.
And this afternoon I’m going to get coffee with a girl from my church here. She’s close to my age and studies speech pathology! I’m so excited to hang out with her and get to know her better! Also, I found an Argentine telenovela that I’m hooked on now. It’s called “Alguien que me quiera” and I really like it. It’s kind of dramatic and soap opera-y but it’s cute. And it’s Argentine, so all the people talk pretty fast and use Argentine words and phrases, so it’s good practice!
2016 in books - part one
9 years ago
Ana's host sounds wonderful but I still am amazed at your positive attitude, girl! Spring Break is here! I'm organizing the house all week! Gorgeous weather today and supposedly tomorrow. Bradford Pears in full bloom!! Miss you. Are we skyping tomorrow??
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom
Kaitlyn,
ReplyDeleteYou have such a wonderful, positive attitude about everything! Just think . . . what a great place you will have when you go and hang out with Ana!
Have fun . . . we sure miss you and look forward to hear all about your adventures in person. Chelsea had a wonderful time skyping with you the other day!
Love,
Steph
BAHAHA!! i love you!! you so would fall in love with a spanish soap opera!! haha I bet the main characters name is roberto.... ; )
ReplyDeleteBTW this and that last comment is katie!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're meeting friends and having fun! And YES God has you exactly where He wants you to be! I admire your courage for going somewhere completely on your own :) It's amazing how much you can learn when you are forced to have complete dependance on Him. Enjoy the sunshine because brrr it's still cold here!
ReplyDeleteKaitlyn! Don't burn out on Starbucks because you have to go with me when you get back! =) I'm excited that you call it your church and yay for a speech path! oh and this is kaycie. I can't wait to hear all about the rest!
ReplyDelete