Sunday, March 21, 2010

Una Semana Relinda

I enjoyed this week so much! ¡Fue re linda! Tuesday after class I sat in Plaza Almagro reading for my Argentine Social Structure class, and it was just such a beautiful day. Wednesday, since I don’t have class, my friend Michelle and I went to the zoo! So much fun! Re divertido. I mean, the zoo was soo pretty, kind of sad, but they had some good animals. And then Thursday, since I still didn’t have any internet in my house, I went to a café and worked on homework the whole day. I met this Argentine girl named Coni, she’s so nice. I was talking on the phone (probably really badly) with my friend Ana and afterwards Coni asked me where I was from and we started talking. Jaja she even helped me with my homework! So sweet. Before she left she gave me her e-mail address and phone number. She’s learning English too, so I think maybe some time we’ll get together and she can practice English and I can practice Spanish! That night I went and saw the Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus movie (the one Heath Ledger was making when he died). It was super weird, but good. Oh and I found out that I passed my intensive month class with a 9! ¡Excelente! And Friday I went to the ISA office to have Ana or Paula correct the grammar in my homework and this one was a lot better. There were still a ton of errors, but it was a lot better. I mean, this one wasn’t nearly as long as others, nor were the ideas all connected, so maybe that’s why it was easier, but I was so excited because it was just much more grammatically correct than my other ones. ¡Me estoy mejorando! Yay! ¡Otro día superbien! But Saturday was the best, by far. I went on a picnic with a bunch of the people I met from the church and it was so much fun. We went to the Rosedal at this lake in Palermo (¡re lindo!) and just spent the whole day eating, talking, walking around and drinking mate. So much fun. The night before I had made brownies (an experience for sure) and everyone really liked them, so that was great too! There were about 15 of us and really it was just so perfect. I’m starting to feel much more comfortable around them. Then, after we left the park we went back to the church to play ping pong, talk, and drink more mate. I don’t really know why exactly, but it was just kind of the perfect day :)

2 comments:

  1. aww sweety i'm so glad that you are enjoying yourself!! I love you!!
    katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaitlyn,
    Sorry I missed a few posts but you know, we were on Spring Break battling the snow, the 70's and the 50 degree weather. That Texas weather is UNBELIEVABLE!
    My heart just sings reading your posts!
    You sound like you are having so much fun, learning so much and meeting so many interesting people! I am just amazed that you are related to your mother!
    Continue having fun, BE SAFE, and oh yea . . . don't forget to come home! Temp's mom is mad and furiously trying to get her plane ticket extended because she wants to stay a bit longer! We miss you and can't wait to see you in July!

    Love,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete