Monday, March 15, 2010

Primer Dìa de Clases- Màs o Menos

So today was my first day of my classes for the semester. The first class on the agenda was Historia Argentina con Prof. Calderaro. 10:30-13:00. I arrived a little bit early because I didn´t know what classroom to go to, I checked the schedule and after going up the wrong elevator (who knew there was an "old" part of the building and a "new" part?) I finally found my class, room 304. There were also 3 other exchange students from the U.S. I talked with them a bit and then the professor arrived and the other students. The professor started to explain the style of the course and I noticed that the other students´ journals all said "Economìa Polìtica." I pointed this out to the other girls and we quickly realized we were in the wrong class. So we all got up and left and it was very awkward because there were only about 20 students in the class. So we went downstairs and asked the secretary and she said it was in the other building in room 203. So we go to that room, and ask in 203 if it´s Argentine History. It´s not. But it´s a good thing we asked because another exchange student had been sitting in there the whole time not realizing it was the wrong class. So we go back to the secretary and she tells us we had it all wrong. That class is for the second semester. Well the webpage told me 1st semester, 10:30. I guess it was wrong. So that was just kind of a funny adventure and an interesting way to start of the semester. I went to lunch with the other students and then had to check and make sure all my other classes were right.

Next on the list was Estructura Social de la Argentina at 18:00. This was in another part of town but luckily it was easy to find. More or less :) This class was really small, maybe 15 students, and there were 3 of us studying abroad. And the class was almost all girls. It was kind of intimidating and sounds like it might be a lot of work, but I could understand the professor and all the girls were really nice. We all sat in a circle, played a name game, and told a little about ourselves. It reminded me of my education classes. After class we went to this photocopy place to buy copies of the readings (we don´t have to buy a book, just copies of the selected readings! Hooray!) and then I went with the Argentine girls to a cafè. So much fun! We were just hanging out and talking for a couple of hours. They´re all super nice and funny. It`s only a once a week class but if every week can be like tonight I think it will be so fun. Tomorrow I`m going to try another Argentine History class with another study abroad girl I met today. It`s at 8:30 in the morning so I just hope it exists!

4 comments:

  1. Wow you're just now starting classes? That's crazy! I so admire you because I couldn't even begin to imagine having to go to a class that is spoken completely in Spanish, I'm pretty sure my few Spanish classes wouldn't hold up! Oh and funny thing is there's this girl on campus who looks a lot like you and I always almost say "Hey Kaitlyn" to her and then I remind myself that you're in another country! Praying for u girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! It sounds like it was a pretty exciting day for you! It kinda sounds like that one time you went into the wrong class, maybe that was you! I hope that you are having so much fun and that your class tomorrow exists! I am praying for you! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Kaitlyn! What a funny experience! If anything, you time issues might relax some. Keep having fun and I hope your class tomorrow is all it's SUPPOSE to be! Can't wait to see you!!

    Love, Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. what does the title mean

    ReplyDelete