So it's been kind of a long time since I last posted, but these past couple of weeks have been crazy! Two weekends ago I had an excursion to Rosario with ISA. Rosario is another city in Argentina, about 4 hours away. So that was really fun. We left Saturday morning around 9 and got to Rosario around lunch time. I wasn't sure about the trip at first, because during the trip meeting the day before, I didn't see a single person that I knew. But as always, it all worked out, and it turned out that several of the people I met on the día de campo excursion were on this same trip. Once we got there, we basically had the whole day free, and then a light show on the lake that night. My roommate for the weekend was this girl named Ashley, who was actually the real life roommate of my friend Michelle (the other girl that goes to USAL). She's really sweet. So that day, we just kind of hung out and walked around the city. We went to el monumento de la bandera which is where the Argentine flag was first created and raised. It was really cool, and kind of reminded me of what the washington monument must be like. We got to go up to the top and see the whole city, which was pretty cool too. And the town is right on the Paraná river, so it was really pretty. It's actually a pretty big city, but I don't know, I guess compared to Buenos Aires it felt really small. You could still walk everywhere, but during the day the streets were mostly empty and everything was so quiet. Later that night we went to el parque independencia where we saw a light show on this lake. That was pretty cool, kind of like fireworks except with fountains. And the best part was that the whole thing was choreographed to the most random music. It started out instrumental stuff, then some opera, and then My Heart Will Go On, from Titanic. No joke. Oh and then some Walking on Sunshine and random stuff like that. It was hilarious. The funny thing about Rosario was that even though it was so quiet during the day, there were about a thousand people on the streets at night. It was insane. Walking around at midnight every single restaraunt was packed. Young, old, it didn't matter. Crazy. Then the next day we had a really delicious breakfast and then a city tour. Our city tour was on our bus, but it was cool because we got to get off every now and then and see things. So that was really fun and I feel like I got to know some of the ISA people better. And there's this one girl, Sol, who works for ISA and was on a couple of the other excursions and always kind of intimidated me. I don't really know why, she just always kind of has this "too cool" vibe and she's really really pretty, and on the other excursions she was just always kind of off on her own and never really talked to anybody. But then the day before the trip I just happened to be on the same Subte car as her and we started talking and she's so sweet and such a cool person!!! She's only like 26 or 27, has studied just about every subject in the world and now works for ISA and is doing photography. And then on the excursion she was a lot more open too. It could be because it was a longer excursion and she had more time with us or I don't know, maybe just the other ones she was having a bad day. Who knows. But I really liked getting to know her better and now I can't wait to see her again with the other ISA stuff. So the whole trip was realy fun, but so so fast. We left Saturday morning and got back Sunday night, and I feel like we did a thousand things in between. Crazy. But really good.
Hi Kaitlyn! No time, no hear! I'm so glad you are able to get us updated! Rosario sounds like a pretty neat place . . . but what are we going to do with you . . . when you get back home, your nights and days are really going to have to be altered! :) Glad you are still meeting new people. Keep having fun. Can't wait to see you!
ReplyDeleteLove, Steph