Monday, April 26, 2010

¡Éxito! Al fin!

So I finally conquered the oven. Success at last!!!! Saturday night we had this big joint service/party at the church and all of us were supposed to make/bring something dulce. So I wanted to make brownies again. Actually people had requested that I bring brownies again, which considering the fact that the last batch was all completely crumbled when we ate them, so I felt pretty good. But I was afraid I was going to have to ask my neighbor to come turn on the oven for me, which would have been really embarassing. However, I figured it out all by myself and didn't even burn the brownies! Hooray!
And Friday was really fun too! After my Spanish class I went and got coffee with some of the girls, and then later that night, we all went over to this girl Fanny's (first of all, I'm friends with someone actually named Fanny, isn't that great? Second of all, she's from Finland! And very sweet and funny) apartment. And my friend Agata came too, so that was really fun. It was just a lovely evening hanging out with such wonderful girls!
And then Sunday I met some other girls for lunch and went and saw a movie, Un Noche Fuera de Serie (Date Night, haha) with Ann. ¡Bárbaro!
And I had a presentation in Estructura Social.... tonight but it went alright. More importanly, it's done!!!! I've decided I'm done stressing about that class and just going to roll with it.

In other news, my house no longer smells like apple cider vinegar. Which is really a whole other story. But last weekend Miriam had asked if I could be in the house on Saturday morning for this new woman to come and do a bit of cleaning. So this woman comes, but rather than clean, she paints the walls with apple cider vinegar (except for my room, thank goodness!). I had absolutely no idea why. I thought maybe it was some sort of cleaning technique, but it kind of just made the walls look dirtier. The whole thing seemed very strange and made the whole apartment smell soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. Then later I mentioned it to my friend Karina and she told me it's something some people here do before they paint, but, get this, it's to ward off spirits and cleanse the room of negative energy. Also, Miriam keeps random plain rocks all over the place, which is apparently a thing too. So while the house did smell horrendous for a few days, at least it should be free of negative spirits right? Haha, I mean, just what is this life I live? Insanity, but you gotta love it!

Thursday I go to Iguazú falls with ISA! Yay! Going to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment